Thursday, June 16, 2011

an odd sort of day...


if you know me at all
and few of you do
but now you'll know more!!!!
you know
I do not like pink
and I am not that fond of green

unless it is just the right shade




this yarn has been on the shelf in the
useless craft store
 for a while
I have picked it up
and put it back down
a million times
well
maybe
a few less times than that


the last time I was in there
I picked it up and made it stay with me
tucked under the arm
picked up again if put down
but the last visit was a short one
which is how I got to leave with
said yarn
we had things to do and places to go
so it was more about
paint and plastic wood and nails of just the right size
and all those little things that make a job go faster

HUH!!!


I have tried and tried to manipulate
the colours so you can see the real shades
they are deeper and richer than they appear here
but alas it is not to be
and anyway your end will show it differently too
so just know it is the right shade of pink
and the correct colour of green
yes
more knots
pink and green knots
like a vine with
pink roses on it




or
 pink
milkweed
on the plant
!!!


 
love in the semi shade!!!

this is one of my very favourite photos
I ever did take
along with the first one up there
blue sure can take me a picture when he wants

the strange thing about today is it's warm and cool at the same time
the rain is coming and it's making me feel like curling up with a book and a hook
wonder if I can read and hook at the same time
let me go and see
a cup of tea
a hook
a book
makes three

......

:)

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you finally picked it up and took a closer look. I do see your stunning garden pictures in each little woven piece of that skein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn, if you kept contemplating the yarn then it was meant to finally go home with you. Whatcha making? That last butterfly picture is gorgeous! Have a fabulous Friday. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you don't like pink??? hehe. Pink and green is my favorite combo. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...the knots do look intriguing :)

    ReplyDelete