Saturday, October 29, 2011

a treasure in the mail...



hooray and up she rises...

it has arrived
the yarn I bought from
Ruth
on the most horrible of
 horriblest days
dark and dank
and cold and wet
and drippy and just
so depressing
a little bit of yarny goodness found its way to me
through all that cold and wet
it popped into the box
and husband
brought it into me
with a flourish
well for him it was a flourish!!!




as soon as it landed on the couch beside me
"air mailed" across the room
!!!!
(we need to invent a" eyes to heaven" little icony thing)
the envelop was torn asunder
and the contents were revealed




no thank you Ruth for taking that step into the wonderful world of dying and spinning
but you are most welcome m'dear



a little business card
in case I forget where I got my treasure!!!
and a way for you to go see what's left!!!
:)


it has a name
stormy seas
that's very appropriate today!!




LOOK at it
LOOK at all those colours
it is of course so much better in reality
it's soft and tightly spun which makes it feel squishy somehow
can't wait to get hubby on the other end of the
winder....


and a little extra
a stitch marker
on a cute gingham ribbon
so sweet
I think I have a bead very like this one
maybe I'll make another
so I'm happy
first that it made it
and then that is made it so quickly
and that it is just so
scrummy
I'll have to sit and think what to do
see if there is anything hiding somewhere that will shout
pssst
over here
make me...
................................................................
if it does
i'll have someone give you the address of the loony bin
!!!!

well, off to start the dinner on the most horrible of horrible days
that suddenly became
a
very very
very
nice day in deed

:)











8 comments:

  1. Beautiful wool and i'm sure we will soon see something beautiful being made from it too, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yarn in the post guarantees a good day, always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful yarn, can't wait to see what you create!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea for you! That yarn is lovely! I am sure you will make something wonderful with it. Hope the weather cleared a bit and that you are having a great day. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, and so well timed to cheer a dreary day! It looks even better the second time round. Love the purple bits against the blues and blacks. I enjoy other peoples' bouquets of flowers, but I would rather be given lovely yarn anytime!
    Mia Mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you M, just wondering what you would have done if you had known about my b-day... Come over here and joined in the singing maybe? ;) Good to hear that the yarn arrived on the best day, a day when you really needed it to cheer you up! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you like it M :)

    I've said this before to Andi, but it's very strange to see something that you have had in your own hands on someone elses' blog thousands of miles away - it's surreal!

    Looking forward to what you decide to make with your yarn :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. no i won't no i won't no i won't.... full boxes... i promised i won't ... even if there's the business card right in front of my eyes...

    but...wow, it's beautiful !

    ReplyDelete