Tuesday, April 17, 2012

new book




isn't it nice to come home and find a little something on the doorstep



when husband orders from Amazon
he adds something for me
there is a list of things I think I want
and he gets one or asks me which one I want



it was this one's turn
 so it was summoned

I have her other book
the one with the blocks that almost everyone has
if you crochet that is  of course

I was a little disappointed with it
to be honest
but it can be of some use I'm sure
inspiration




along with the book
 was this
I used to have one
a hundred eons ago
but have lost it
probably used it for something else completely
I did have two boys once

any way
 another oldy is rearing it's head all over

so I thought I'd get one to see if I remember how to do it




I do




so I did



and soon I had a few little bunches tied up

now I have to find a pattern and do something with it
I'm sure there are lots of things to look at and do
probably more now than when I first did it





I would have done more
but once again
was interrupted in mid mojo
not by the smart phone this time




but
 by this little guy
a teeny tiny little minute itsy bitsy very very small
turtle
he almost got stepped on by husband as he went out the front door



we put him in the flower bed
and if the birds didn't get him
he's outside in the slightly cooler weather

his shell was all muddy looking so maybe he just dug his way out
who knows where they lay the eggs
so cute
ugly
but cute!!!!!


ps...looks like husband could use a little hand lotion...OH that will go down well if I tell him.... :) :) :)

4 comments:

  1. Ah, poor little guy!

    Tose little turtles are a problem here sometimes, when they are kept as pets, grwo to big for the tanks, get put in ponds, grow too big for them.... my daughter spent days trying to rescue a giant size turtle from a little village pond!

    I think you could probably write your own crochet book now, but it is always nice to have something new to dip into.

    That other stuff looks interesting Looking forward to seeing what that turns into.

    Mia S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I think he looks cool! :) And I would love to have that book. And the block one. Which I obviously don't have, even though I do crochet. Can I blame it on being Swedish? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, he's so cute! When my oldest son was in kindergarten, he had a pair of tiny painted turtles that we kept in an elaborate tank thing in our living room. He named them Dick and Leah, which always made me laugh. When they were bigger, they lived in the swamp next to our house, and maybe made more little Dicks and Leahs. Thanks for jogging that memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want both those books. although Lord knows there is enough inspiration and patterns to be found out there in blogland. That little turtle is so cute! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete