Friday, May 11, 2012

picture perfect day


it has been the prettiest day today
the sky is blue
the air is fresh
and the
Japanese Maple is just glowing


as I made a coffee this morning
the light was just so clear and bright
the water in the lake was blue 
which it hasn't been these past few days


no geese
no ducks
no beavers
just a crow
fishing
last evening I saw the beaver swimming from this side to the other with a branch in its mouth
no chance for a photo as he was high tailing it home
and the heron was there too in the dim light of dusk
so pretty sometimes

:)


this was my breakfast this morning
a strawberry and banana muffin made with
gluten free "flour"
husband is responding well to the g f and I can eat a muffin 
or two
and when they turn out this
yummy
I do!!!




I showed you some nice cotton I had found last week
so here is the shawl I made with it


pattern



this time with a simple edge
the reverse sc or crab stitch
as I ran out of the yarn and had to be very careful






used every single centimeter of it 
and 
as pink goes so well with green
and I am such a fashionista




 while sweeping the floor in the
roomontheleft
a bead rolled out from under
a pink bead
a rosy quartz 
or somesuchstone
I made another bracelet
they take no time once you have gathered the doings


and searched through the bead stash
this time a nice shiny flowery silvery one
to hold it all together

hope you all hold it together this weekend
have a good one folks
thanks for stopping by

:)

5 comments:

  1. It does look like it was a glorious day. Our weather has pretty much been the pits so far in May. Mostly hazy and dusty and is getting hotter and hotter. Love that shawl. I don't know why I don't do more with cotton. I only ever think to use it for covering jars, making doilies or dishcloths. Must branch out more. Must do some baking today, too. Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You home is like creation heaven. Food...love. Jewlery making..love. Shawl....super love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy:)) Loving the shawl - cotton is so nice to crochet with. Love how it gives such crisp clean stitches.
    Those muffins look very scrummy! Might have to be taking the gf path myself so on the hunt for recipies to make it fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are always making something pretty ,love the shawl :)
    i would like to have a lake like that in my backyard .
    love Valeria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog today, beautiful day, lovely shawls and fashion jewelry in the making. You so amaze me with your creations.

    Where are you? No chatting in awhile dear friend! Miss you! E

    ReplyDelete